£100,000 1 Bedroom Terraced House Ref: 22583_27937074
What the owners say ..."Even though these small Mews Cottages are very close to the centre of North Shields, they are tucked away in a very peaceful and quiet location and are well hidden from the nearby hustle and bustle of the town. The Metro Station, bus stops, shopping centre, cafes, restaurants, etc, are literally just a couple of minutes walk away, the popular Fish Quay and South Shields Ferry landing are also within easy walking distance. As the location is so convenient for all of our needs, we have decided to stay close by and will soon be moving into a nearby property.
The Memorial Church and outbuildings were designed by F.R.N. Haswell and built between 1889 and 1891, the materials used were snecked sandstone for the walls and Lakeland slate for the roofs. The construction was funded by Captain J. Robinson (owner of the Stag Line Shipping Company) in memory of his daughter Elizabeth. The Church and dependant outbuildings are Grade 2 Listed. The church hall was converted in 1991 into 4 Mews Cottages and at that time were granted 999 year leases from the Freeholder. The maintenance of the common areas is carried out by the company "Captain Robinson Mews Limited", who is also the Freeholder of the cottages and common areas. Each of the 4 Mews owners plus the representative of Historic Property Restoration Limited have shares in the maintenance company."